Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Similar to a dish I ate in Malaysia recently. Simple flavours but delicious.
Make and share this Lamb and Pea Tagine recipe from Food.com.
- 1 kg lamb, cut into 5cm pieces (2 inch)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon harissa or 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pinch saffron strand
- 500 g peas, frozen are OK
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 preserved lemon, rinsed, flesh cut into pieces (or more)
- 12 black olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander, to serve (cilantro)
- Put the meat in a large pot with the oil, onion, salt and pepper, ginger, harissa or chili powder, and saffron.
- Cover with water and cook, covered, for 1½-2 hours or until the meat is very tender, adding water to keep it covered in its sauce.
- Add the peas, tomatoes, preserved lemon and olives and cook uncovered until the peas are tender and the sauce reduced.
- Serve with warmed flat bread and over cous cous if you wish.
Very good, I added more lemon to give it more lighter taste. It is a simple hearty stew great with Naan bread.