1/1 Photo of Lamb and Pea Tagine
2 hrs 30 mins
Similar to a dish I ate in Malaysia recently. Simple flavours but delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 kg lamb, cut into 5cm pieces (2 inch)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon harissa or 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pinch saffron strand
- 500 g peas, frozen are OK
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 preserved lemon, rinsed, flesh cut into pieces (or more)
- 12 black olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander, to serve (cilantro)
- 1Put the meat in a large pot with the oil, onion, salt and pepper, ginger, harissa or chili powder, and saffron.
- 2Cover with water and cook, covered, for 1½-2 hours or until the meat is very tender, adding water to keep it covered in its sauce.
- 3Add the peas, tomatoes, preserved lemon and olives and cook uncovered until the peas are tender and the sauce reduced.
- 4Serve with warmed flat bread and over cous cous if you wish.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamb and Pea Tagine
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 576.2
- Calories from Fat 300
- Total Fat 33.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 132.0 mg
- Sodium 204.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 42.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: