Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Did you ever have a favorite restaurant dish that made it difficult to try other menu options? This is my attempt to recreate this simple Greek dish that kept me comming back for more, and more and more!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb lamb stew meat, cut into 1/2 " cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 lb fresh green beans, quartered
- 2 (15 ounce) cans Hunts tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 6 cups mashed potatoes
- In a large heavy saucepan, brown lamb over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook onion until just transparent.
- Reduce heat to low, add green beans and cook until they begin to soften.
- Add tomato sauce and allspice, cover and simmer.
- Cook 30-40 minutes, until lamb and beans are tender.
- Serve over mashed potatoes.