Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 mins
This is a Donna hay recipe - fabulous to freeze and then drop into soup.
- Combine mince, egg, garlic and salt and pepper in bowl.
- Roll tablespoonfuls into balls.
- Heat oil in large non stick pan.
- Cook meatballs over medium heat in batches.
- Cook 5 - 7 minutes or till cooked through.
- If freezing, allow to cool.
- Then place in bag, seal tightly, expel air.
- Freeze for up to 3 months.
- Before reheating, allow to defrost completely in fridge.
This was so easy, i ate a few then froze the rest to use on rainy days when i want something yummy like this, not just for soup but meatball stew etc.
Ground lamb is quite a novel inspiration, because it's not readily available -- I had to ask our local butcher to grind me some. We love lamb and I'll make "lamb balls" again! Kate, I made mine more like hamburger patties because I wanted it for our dinner. I added quite a bit of fresh thyme and also finely sliced mint. Your recipe brought back memories -- my mother-in-law used to make sizable lamb meatballs, which she boiled in soup in winter, very comforting! My mother used to make small meatballs which she served with toothpicks and her own mustard sauce as a dip, for visitors. Thanks for this recipe!