A magazine find. I altered the amount of cinnamon and cumin to suit our tastes. Remember our Aussie tablespoons contain 4 teaspoons.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 500 g ground lamb (mince)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 100 g pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup currants
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 large eggplants, ends trimmed
- 100 g feta cheese
- lemon wedge, to serve
- extra parsley or mint, to serve
- 1Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a pan and cook the onion until soft. Remove from pan.
- 2Heat the remaining oil and cook meat and spices until well browned-breaking the lumps up with a wooden spoon. This will take about 10 minutes.
- 3Remove from the heat and stir in the herbs, pine nuts, currants, lemon juice and onion, keep warm.
- 4Heat a chargrill pan until hot. Slice each eggplant lengthways into thin slices-you will need 12 slices in total.
- 5Brush the slices with oil and season with salt and pepper. Chargrill on both sides.
- 6Place a slice of eggplant on each plate and top with some of the lamb mixture, then a second eggplant slice. Repeat teo make a second layer.
- 7Crumble cheese over the stack and serve with lemon wedges and a sprinkle of parsley and or mint.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamb and Eggplant (Aubergine) Stack
Serving Size: 1 (509 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 760.3
- Calories from Fat 533
- Total Fat 59.3 g
- Saturated Fat 18.7 g
- Cholesterol 113.5 mg
- Sodium 365.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.1 g
- Sugars 15.8 g
- Protein 31.5 g