Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
A recipe from Ricardo
Make and share this Lamb and Dates Skewers With Bacon recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon harissa
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb lamb, cut in 12 cubes (leg or shoulder)
- 8 large medjool dates, seeded
- 4 bacon, slices cup in half or 8 slices prosciutto
- 1 onion, cut in 12 cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut in 12 cubes
- 1 lemon, cut in 8 cubes
- salt and pepper
- 4 wood skewers, soaked 30 minutes in water or 4 metal skewers
- Marinade: In a dish or a bag with hermetic seal, mix all ingredients of the marinade. Add lamb. Cover the dish or close the bag. Put in fridge 4 hours or overnight.
- Lamb Skewers: Preheat bbq to medium heat. Oil the grill.
- Roll bacon around each date. Set aside.
- Thread meat on skewers, alternating with dates, veggies and lemon.
- Grill the skewers about 4 minutes on each side or until desired cooking. Watch the cooking, because the marinade burn easily. Serve skewers on couscous and serve with sour cream.