Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a variation on hot and sour soup
- 8 ounces lamb steaks
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chinese rice wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 cucumber, cut into a 3 inch piece
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 3 cups chicken stock
- salt and pepper
- Trim off any excess fat from the lamb and discard.
- Thinly slice the lamb into small pieces.
- Put in a shallow dish and add the soy sauce, rice wine and sesame oil. Set aside to marinate for 25-30 minutes. Then discard the marinade.
- Halve the Cucumber piece lengthwise then cut into thin slices Diagonally.
- Bring the Chicken stock to a rolling boil in a wok.
- Add the lamb slices and stir to seperate. Bring back up to a boil then add the cucumber slices, vinegar and salt/pepper. Bring to a boil again and serve immediately.