Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
My interpretation of a Moroccan classic I made this up to satisfy a craving, and to use a bottle of sour cherries I didn't know what to do with You can easily modify this recipe to include another meat, or take out the meat and make it vegetarian, with more vegetables and potatoes
- 1 lb lamb
- 1 small white onion
- 1⁄2 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 4 small carrots
- 1 ounce fresh ginger, grated
- ground cinnamon
- bottled sour cherry, drained
- 16 ounces tomatoes
- vegetable stock, to cover
- bay leaf
- chopped fresh parsley
- chopped fresh cilantro
- Cube lamb and brown in olive oil.
- Remove and add onion and peppers to the same pot.
- Saute until fragrant, then add carrots.
- Saute a bit longer, then first add ginger and spices and then cherries, honey, tomatoes, bay leaves and vinegar.
- If the meat and veg aren’t covered add stock til they are, but only just.
- Bring to a boil on the stovetop, then move to the oven and cook, covered, until meat is tender (30-45 min.).
- Stir in parsley and cilantro before serving.