Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Great camping dish, cooking time can be reduced.
Make and share this Lamb-and-Black Bean Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground lamb
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans no-salt-added whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- cilantro, sprigs (optional)
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a Dutch oven; cook over medium heat until browned, stirring to crumble.
- Drain in a colander; pat dry with paper towels.
- Wipe drippings from pan with a paper towel; return mixture to pan.
- Add tomatoes and next 6 ingredients (tomatoes through salt); bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 2 hours; stir occasionally.
- Stir in beans and hot sauce.
- Cover; simmer 30 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired.
This was so good. Just the right consistency and not to watery or dry. I thought it was pleasantly seasoned. You can always add more spices if you like more heat. This is a wonderful use of ground lamb. I made this just as written. Thanx for sharing!
I was looking for a recipe to use up some ground lamb I had in the freezer when I came across this one. I actually quite liked the recipe, but I did have to kick it up with the seasonings. The sauce had quite a unique flavour with the lamb. But....my family was kinda "ho-hum" about this chili. So, would I make it again? Proably not, as there are other recipes to explore. Sorry!