- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 large onion, grated
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon turmeric (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Cover and refrigerate up to two hours, or until ready to cook.
- Take a handful of meant and roll into a tennis ball sized portion.
- Place on a long, flat skewer and form into a cigar shape round the skewer.
- Place on heated grill and cook about 4-6 minutes on each side, until done.