Prep 0 mins
Cook 2 hrs
From Traditional Arab cooking
- 1 kg lamb
- 225 g apricots, soaked few hours
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon almonds, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander, gnd
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 -4 saffron threads
- satue onions and lamb and oil 3- 4 T.
- Add spices.
- Cover water and simmer til tender (remove scum).
- simmer apricots 15 mins and puree.
- add rest ingredients and cook in oven1 1/2 hours until thick.
- Serve rice plain or spotted yellow rice.
- For spotted rice once cooked make 4 to 5 wells in rice and fill with a sloution of 1/2 t timeric and few T boiling water.