Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Although Western folks generally aren't used to farina as a dessert, this is a really nice change of pace! (It's also yummy as a nice, sweet breakfast.) Makes 4 small dessert servings or 2 breakfasts
- 2 cups milk (whole milk preferred)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup uncooked quick-cooking cream of wheat
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (brown or golden, or a mixture) or 1⁄2 cup dried currant
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom
- Over medium heat, heat together the milk, butter, and brown sugar in a saucepan.
- Stir well, and well mixture has melted together gradually add the Cream of Wheat while stirring constantly, then the remaining ingredients.
- Cook while stirring until thick for about 3 to 4 minutes, using extra milk to get it to desired texture if necessary.
- Serve immediately while warm.