Recipe by Foodie Blog Stalker
This is a delicious family meal I learned to make from my Oma (grandmother). It's a traditional Indonesian meal. If you like coconut, you'll love this!
Top Review by Nimita Patel
Perfect! I made this twice now, and one of the times with lite coconut milk. That was a mistake- stick with regular coconut milk. I took some cellophane/pad thai noodles and served the chicken on it. DH and I licked our bowls clean.
- 1 -2 lb boneless skinless chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces (breasts or thighs)
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons coriander
- garlic salt (to taste)
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Add chicken, onion, garlic, chicken bouillon to a soup pot.
- Add enough water to cover the chicken.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add Turmeric, Coriander, garlic salt (to taste) and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and let come to a boil.
- My Oma served this dish over white rice with a sliced hardboiled egg on top and fried onions.