Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is a delicious family meal I learned to make from my Oma (grandmother). It's a traditional Indonesian meal. If you like coconut, you'll love this!
- Add chicken, onion, garlic, chicken bouillon to a soup pot.
- Add enough water to cover the chicken.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add Turmeric, Coriander, garlic salt (to taste) and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and let come to a boil.
- My Oma served this dish over white rice with a sliced hardboiled egg on top and fried onions.
Perfect! I made this twice now, and one of the times with lite coconut milk. That was a mistake- stick with regular coconut milk. I took some cellophane/pad thai noodles and served the chicken on it. DH and I licked our bowls clean.
Very good and simple. I added a pinch of dried shrimp powder, but the recipe is actually good as is. Thank you.
Loved your recipe as is, my mother made the same thing but I never bothered to learn it. Thanks for sharing it on your web site. I will be making it again. T. Els