Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Something me and my family used to make from time to time, it is a really delicious meal and I know you will enjoy it:)
- 1 cup dark raisin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (16 ounce) can purple plums, drained and pitted
- 1 cup toasted hazelnuts, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350º F Place raisins in small glass bowl, cover with 1 cup boiling water; soak 30 minutes till plump.
- Lightly oil 24 or more muffin cups.
- Mash plums in a large mixing bowl, add remaining ingredients to plums and mix well.
- Add soaked raisins and their liquid. Blend together well.
- Fill each muffin cup 1/2 way full.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes on wire rack, loosen sides, and turn out of muffin pan.
- Serve warm with honey or raspberry-plum butter.