1 hr 15 mins
A spicy, lemon flavoured cake which can be eaten plain or sliced and filled with lemon curd.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set the oven to 325*F or mark 3.
- 2Grease and line the base and sides of a 7 inch round cake tin.
- 3In a bowl, cream the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- 4Add the beaten eggs, salt, cinnamon and ginger, sieve in the flour and mix well.
- 5Add the lemon rind and juice and then add the milk. Mix well and place in the prepared pan.
- 6Level the top and bake for about 1 hour until firm and pale brown.
- 7Leave in the tin for 15 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- 8Keep for 48 hours before cutting.
- 9Serve either plain or cut in half and sandwich with home-made lemon curd.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lakeland Lemon Cake
Serving Size: 1 (780 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2933.4
- Calories from Fat 1360
- Total Fat 151.2 g
- Saturated Fat 91.2 g
- Cholesterol 790.8 mg
- Sodium 1290.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 367.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.7 g
- Sugars 171.5 g
- Protein 40.7 g