Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A spicy, lemon flavoured cake which can be eaten plain or sliced and filled with lemon curd.
Make and share this Lakeland Lemon Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Set the oven to 325*F or mark 3.
- Grease and line the base and sides of a 7 inch round cake tin.
- In a bowl, cream the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add the beaten eggs, salt, cinnamon and ginger, sieve in the flour and mix well.
- Add the lemon rind and juice and then add the milk. Mix well and place in the prepared pan.
- Level the top and bake for about 1 hour until firm and pale brown.
- Leave in the tin for 15 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Keep for 48 hours before cutting.
- Serve either plain or cut in half and sandwich with home-made lemon curd.
I love lemon! This is a tender lightly lemon cake that did not disappoint! I was expecting more ginger flavor, but the lemon rind possibly overpowered it. I couldn't wait the 48 hours-it made it 3! I filled it with lemon curd, just delicious! Thanks!