Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Quite inexpensive to make if your fisherman has been fortunate! From the Wisconsin Dutch chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 3 lbs lake trout or 3 lbs salmon, cleaned and scaled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced (fresh is best)
Fluffy Horseradish Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup grated horseradish
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄3 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream, whipped
- Tie trout up in cheesecloth and lower into salted, simmering water; cook for 30 minutes.
- Lift out carefully, remove cheesecloth, dress fish with melted butter and parsley.
- For the horseradish sauce: Combine first four ingredients and chill. Just before serving, whip cream and fold in horseradish mixture.