Recipe by mollypaul
Quite inexpensive to make if your fisherman has been fortunate! From the Wisconsin Dutch chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 3 lbs lake trout or 3 lbs salmon, cleaned and scaled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced (fresh is best)
Fluffy Horseradish Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup grated horseradish
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄3 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream, whipped
Directions See How It's Made
- Tie trout up in cheesecloth and lower into salted, simmering water; cook for 30 minutes.
- Lift out carefully, remove cheesecloth, dress fish with melted butter and parsley.
- For the horseradish sauce: Combine first four ingredients and chill. Just before serving, whip cream and fold in horseradish mixture.