Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This was given to me when I requested a recipe for Wahoo by Lainie. It turned out absolutely fantastic. I used the leftover sauce on angel hair pasta. It was like pesto without the nuts. My Daughter called it the best pasta in the world!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 fresh garlic cloves
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro or 1⁄3 cup parsley
- 2 tablespoons cajun seafood seasoning
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 6 wahoo fillets, about 1/2 inch thick
- lemon wedge (to garnish)
- Spray grill with nonstick spray or brush with vegie oil to prevent sticking. Preheat on high for about 10 minutes.
- Mix first six ingredients in a blender. Purée into a smooth sauce.
- When ready to cook, brush both sides of fillets with sauce. Place fillets on grill and cook, turning once or twice. Brush more sauce as needed.
- Fish is done when it flakes easily (about 5 minutes). Serve with lemon wedges.
ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS! Yes, it is thick, which is so great! It sticks to the fish and doesn't drip off. It was so easy to make! I didn't melt the butter in the microwave because I didn't know if it should be melted down to liquid or just soft, so I just left out some whipped butter to soften and it was perfect! And it worked well with a food processor because I didn't use my blender. My only suggestion is if you want to use the remainder of the sauce at the end of the recipe put some aside so that the raw fish doesn't touch it. I forgot to do that so I just brushed the remainder on the fish as it cooked. It was so yummy! Loved it! Definitely recommend this one.
This stuff rocks! I loved how thick it was it was. It didn't just pour off the grill like many sauces and marinades do. I can see using this on chicken as well. I used about 4 cloves of minced garlic instead of 6, since we're not real garlic lovers. I used parsley, fresh would have been better, but it was still great with dried parsley. I followed the fresh/dry equivalency on the parsley jar. I didn't have wahoo, but I did use tilapia. I've never had wahoo, but tilapia is a pretty mild white ocean fish. This sauce complimented the flavor perfectly. I did the angel hair pasta, too, with added grated paremsan. I was ordered to make this again. Thank you!
Excellent marinade and is fantastic over pasta or grilled veggies with the fish. Extra sauce served with the fish is a must. It's a keeper.