Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I created this recipe because I can't stand the sloppy joe mix in a can.
- 1 lb hamburger or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cancampbell tomato soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 green bell pepper, chopped
- salt & pepper
- garlic powder
- Brown hamburger with onion and green pepper in large skillet; drain well.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Spoon mixture over toasted hamburger buns and top with shredded cheddar cheese.
Great recipe of sloppy joes, I've never try the ones in a can and I don't want LOL Somehow I thought this was missing maybe ketchup or relish taste. Next time I'll add it. I used one small onion and red bell pepper. We ate it on ciabatta bread. Thanks LainieBug :) Made for your win in Bargain Basement tag game
Really tastey! I left out the peppers since we do not care for them. Also added an extra tsp of BBQ sauce as the mustard wass a little strong for my taste (not a big fan of yellow mustard). Otherwise made as is. It was the perfect amount of sauce to meat and the tomato soup gave it a little bit of a creamy texture. Made fot PAC Spring 2011.
A real winner....my only real change was to use crushed tomatoes instead of tomato soup...I used what I had on hand and it turned out great. Will make this again for sure. I also had to serve on toast because I didn't have hamburger buns. The picture really does not do the recipe justice!!!!