Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
These have been a family favourite for decades. Pork dumplings with a tasty peanut butter sauce.
Make and share this Lai Lai Hunan Dumplings recipe from Food.com.
- To prepare sauce: Combine all sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- If I'm short on time, I buy some potsticker dumplings from our local dumpling shoppe. When I have time, I prepare make at home dumplings:.
- Finely chop ground pork. Combine pork, soya sauce, salt, white pepper and sesame oil.
- Put a small amount of filling in centre of wonton skin, enclose to make a ball-like shape, sealing the skins with a little water. Leave one corner flap extended like a "tail".
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Put a batch of dumplings in water and boil them until they pop to the surface.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and serve with dipping sauce.
Loved the dumplings. I ended up having to make the wonton skins from scratch because I couldn't find them where we live. Because of that, the skins were probably a little thicker than they should have been, but the filling was great and they did taste very good. We normally love peanut sauces, but there was something missing for us here. I didn't have the mushrooms, but the chili oil did add a nice kick. We also used sweet and sour sauce as an alternate. Overall good recipe. Made for PAC Fall 2008.