These have been a family favourite for decades. Pork dumplings with a tasty peanut butter sauce.
Make and share this Lai Lai Hunan Dumplings recipe from Food.com.
- 4 teaspoons soya sauce
- 4 ounces peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons straw mushrooms, chopped
- 4 teaspoons white sugar
- 4 teaspoons chili oil
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon soya sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 36 thin wonton skins
- To prepare sauce: Combine all sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- If I'm short on time, I buy some potsticker dumplings from our local dumpling shoppe. When I have time, I prepare make at home dumplings:.
- Finely chop ground pork. Combine pork, soya sauce, salt, white pepper and sesame oil.
- Put a small amount of filling in centre of wonton skin, enclose to make a ball-like shape, sealing the skins with a little water. Leave one corner flap extended like a "tail".
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Put a batch of dumplings in water and boil them until they pop to the surface.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and serve with dipping sauce.