Prep 4 hrs
Cook 8 mins
I found this recipe off of the internet to post for NA*ME tag. I'll be trying it out this weekend hopefully. I can imagine it would go wonderfully with cheese, soup, or as an appetizer with hummus or any other kind of dip.
- 5 cups all-purpose white flour
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds (optional)
- In a large bowl dissolve yeast in the warm water and then add sugar.
- Next add the flour, the butter and salt. Knead the dough until it is very smooth. Cover and let stand in a warm place for 4 hours. Divide the dough into balls the size of two hands cupped together.
- On a floured board, roll out the balls until they are the size of a 14" pizza pan. Place the dough in the pan and poke the dough in several places with a fork.
- Sprinkle the tops with sesame seeds, pressing them in so that they don't fall off and bake on the bottom shelf of a 400 degree oven for 5 - 6.minutes. After the 5-6 minutes are up move the pan up to the middle shelf of the oven until lightly browned. Enjoy!