Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
Watched this on "Sangini", a serial on TV today. It is important to serve lemon with fish as this helps in digestion. Enjoy!
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves, washed and chopped
- 5 -6 cloves garlic
- 2 -3 green chilies, slit
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- oil, to shallow fry
- 3 pomfret fish, washed and cleaned
- lemon slice, to serve
- onion rings, to serve
- 3 -5 slit green chilies, to serve
- Wash and clean the fish.
- Chop off the tail end.
- Make 3-4 incisions on each.
- Keep aside.
- Prepare a paste of the first five ingredients.
- Apply the paste on both sides of the fish.
- Keep aside to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Carefully, lower the fish into the hot oil and shallow fry on each side until browned.
- Once cooked, remove from flame, drain off excess oil on clean paper kitchen napkins and serve the fish on a big bamboo leaf in a plate.
- Garnish with onion rings, lemon wedges and green chillies.
- Serve at once!