Prep 2 hrs
Cook 50 mins
- 1 kg skinless chicken (cut into pieces)
- 2 inches piece gingerroot (Adrak)
- 4 -5 green chilies (Hari Mirch, more or less may be used depending on taste preference)
- 2 teaspoons thymol seeds (Ajwain)
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds (Sufaid Zeera)
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon (Pisi Dal Cheeni)
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- red chili powder (Pisi Lal Mirch, to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- Grind all of the ingredients and marinate chicken in them. Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
- In a pan of water cook marinated chicken until tender and until all of the water dries up.
- Then add some oil in it and fry it (you may also deep fry the chicken in oil).
- Serve hot with Nan, Raita, and Salad.
Such a wonderful recipe. It tastes great, is easy to prepare, overall an absolute winner. Slight adjustment in the cinnamon department.
This is a wonderful dish. The entire family adores these lovely spiced chicken bits and I can never cook enough of it. I did change the amount of cinnamon, though, as 2 tablespoons would in my view be too overpowering.