1 hr 10 mins
A Middle Eastern-style pizza - spicy lamb, pine nuts and peppers on a crusty cilantro flavoured base.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces lean ground lamb
- 6 ounces onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon chili, finely chopped (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground fenugreek
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 tomatoes, peeled, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 ounces pine nuts
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- arugula, to serve
For the pizza bases
- 1First make the pizza bases. Put the yeast and sugar in a small bowl with the warm water.
- 2Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre, add the oil and pour the yeast mixture into the well.
- 3Mix to a dough, then knead for about 10 minutes until the dough is smooth and elastic. Cover and leave to rest in a warm place for 30 minutes, or until doubled in bulk.
- 4Put the lamb, onion and spices in a large bowl. Add the tomatoes, peppers and pine nuts. Stir with a fork until evenly mixed.
- 5Preheat the oven to 400°F
- 6Mix the cilantro into the risen dough. Divide into small balls.
- 7Roll out each ball into a circle. Spread some of the lamb mixture on each pizza base.
- 8Arrange on an oiled baking tray, and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the meat is cooked through.
- 9Serve warm with arugula salad.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lahem B'ageen (Middle Eastern-Style Pizza)
Serving Size: 1 (513 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 947.3
- Calories from Fat 348
- Total Fat 38.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 41.7 mg
- Sodium 440.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 126.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 22.8 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 35.6 g