Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A Middle Eastern-style pizza - spicy lamb, pine nuts and peppers on a crusty cilantro flavoured base.
- 6 ounces lean ground lamb
- 6 ounces onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili, finely chopped (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground fenugreek
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 tomatoes, peeled, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 ounces pine nuts
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- arugula, to serve
For the pizza bases
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fast-rising active dry yeast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 2⁄3 cup lukewarm water
- 1 lb strong whole meal flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- First make the pizza bases. Put the yeast and sugar in a small bowl with the warm water.
- Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre, add the oil and pour the yeast mixture into the well.
- Mix to a dough, then knead for about 10 minutes until the dough is smooth and elastic. Cover and leave to rest in a warm place for 30 minutes, or until doubled in bulk.
- Put the lamb, onion and spices in a large bowl. Add the tomatoes, peppers and pine nuts. Stir with a fork until evenly mixed.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Mix the cilantro into the risen dough. Divide into small balls.
- Roll out each ball into a circle. Spread some of the lamb mixture on each pizza base.
- Arrange on an oiled baking tray, and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the meat is cooked through.
- Serve warm with arugula salad.