Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
a Cooking Light recipe!
Make and share this Lager and Lemon-Grilled Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup lager beer (such as Budweiser)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- cooking spray
- Combine first 10 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken; seal and marinate in refrigerator 3 hours, turning bag occasionally. Remove the chicken from bag; discard marinade.
- Prepare grill to medium-high.
- Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 5 minutes on each side or until done.
Love this recipe. I make a big batch of the marinade when I'm going shopping then I add my chicken and freeze it. When the day comes that I want to grill the chicken, I simply defrost and grill the chicken. We really love it when the chicken gets a long soak in this marinade.
This is an excellent recipe. I have tried with fresh and dried herbs, and the flavor is great either way. Chicken can be bland and dry sometimes, but this recipe takes care of both of those problems. Thanks for posting.
I used dry oregano and thyme. That's the only change I made. It was delicious. Thanks Redsie. Made for Newest Zaar Tag.