Recipe by Nance62
A delicious new twist to an old stand-by
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Very, very nice tasting meatloaf! Used very lean meat along with multigrain breadcrumbs & honey mustard! I don't usually use a topping, but did this time & am glad I did ~ It was a very nice addition! Will certainly make it again! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's PAC]
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup tomato ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup tomato juice
- salt and black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 3⁄4 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
mix together next 4 ingredients and spread over top meat loaf
- 1⁄4 cup tomato ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- fresh herb (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine ketchup, tomato juice, salt, and both peppers, eggs, bread crumbs, onions, and mustard. Mix until thoroughly blended.
- Add ground beef. Mix gently, but thoroughly.
- Line a 9x5 inch loaf pan with foil. Press in beef mixture.
- In separate bowl, combine the topping ingredients, mixing well. Spread over top of loaf.
- Bake at 400°F 45 minutes or until done.
- Drain off fat. Rest meatloaf five minutes before serving.