Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
A delicious new twist to an old stand-by
Make and share this Ladylynne's Meatloaf recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup tomato ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup tomato juice
- salt and black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 3⁄4 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
mix together next 4 ingredients and spread over top meat loaf
- 1⁄4 cup tomato ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- fresh herb (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine ketchup, tomato juice, salt, and both peppers, eggs, bread crumbs, onions, and mustard. Mix until thoroughly blended.
- Add ground beef. Mix gently, but thoroughly.
- Line a 9x5 inch loaf pan with foil. Press in beef mixture.
- In separate bowl, combine the topping ingredients, mixing well. Spread over top of loaf.
- Bake at 400°F 45 minutes or until done.
- Drain off fat. Rest meatloaf five minutes before serving.
Very, very nice tasting meatloaf! Used very lean meat along with multigrain breadcrumbs & honey mustard! I don't usually use a topping, but did this time & am glad I did ~ It was a very nice addition! Will certainly make it again! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's PAC]
Great meatloaf, good flavor, great topping. We followed recipe exactly except substituted tomato sauce for juice because we didn't have any. We tripled the sauce and made the recipe into little individual meat loaves to freeze for lunches.
This was a nice starting point meatloaf...if I made it again I would add some chopped celery,garlic and some herbs,maybe oregano or thyme. Thanks for sharing your recipe,Nance.