Recipe by Steve_G
Top Review by Chef*Lee
Good recipe!! I used my copper bowl for the egg whites and was pleased with how easy this dough came together! I started smelling the cookies at about 6 minutes and so I took them out and they were lightly browned. I baked my next batch for 5 minutes and they came out perfectly! You definitely need a pastry bag and tip for this because the mix is very gooey and difficult to handle any other way. The cookies turn out light, airy, crisp, and delicious!! Thanks for the recipe!
- 4 egg whites, large
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 4 egg yolks, large
- 7⁄8 cup scant all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line two 17-inch-by-l2-by-r-inch baking sheets with baking parchment.
- Fit large pastry bag with a plain 1/2 inch round tube.
- Place egg whites in bowl of electric mixer and whip until soft peaks start to form.
- Slowly add 2 tablespoons of the sugar and continue to beat until stiff and glossy.
- Transfer to another bowl.
- Add yolks to mixer bowl and stir in remaining sugar.
- Whip until thick and very pale in color and remove bowl from stand.
- Sift flour and baking powder together onto a sheet of wax paper.
- Fold half the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture.
- Fold in the flour, and then fold in the remaining egg whites.
- Transfer mixture to pastry bag and pipe out onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes.