Recipe by Lennie
I haven't yet tried this, but found it in a cookbook put out by Kraft and thought it sounded great; it's sort of a quickie tiramisu. I would be tempted to nix the Cool Whip and substitute real whipped cream.
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ladyfingers, split and separated
- 1 cup strong coffee, at room temperature
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding or 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packagesinstant vegetarian vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- Brush the cut side of the ladyfingers with about 1/4 cup of the coffee.
- Place ladyfingers on bottom and up the sides of a 2-quart serving bowl or dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, with a whisk, beat cream cheese and remaining 3/4 cup of coffee until smooth.
- Gradually whisk milk in, until smooth.
- Add pudding mixes; beat with whisk for one minute or until well blended.
- Gently fold in half of the Cool Whip, which would be 1 1/2 cups in case you want to substitute real whipped cream.
- Spoon into the ladyfinger-lined bowl and cover; refrigerate for at least one hour.
- To serve, top with remaining Cool Whip.