From Batter Up Kids: Delicious Desserts.
Make and share this Ladybugs on a Stick(--Tasty Dish--) recipe from Food.com.
- *Note: I found it easier to slice off a small section on the back of the strawberries (meaning from the stem to the bottom of the berry.) That way it will lay flat on the plate and easier to attach the chocolate chips. They won't be so wobbly. Ask an adult for help.
- HEAD: Place a grape on a toothpick or wooden skewer, sliding it all the way to the end of the stick.
- BODY: Next place the strawberry on the skewer, stem end first, and slide it down to touch the grape.
- SPOTS: Lay the ladybug down and carefully push the pointed ends of several chocolate chips (or dried currants) into the strawberry to make the ladybug's spots.
- PRESENTATION: Place several large lettuce leaves (or paper leaves or Easter grass) on a pretty platter. Arrange the ladybugs on the leaves.