Recipe by Manami
All this cute cake needs is a cake mix, frosting and a few cookies and candies. Made this cake last night with a commercial size cake mix and it was a huge success today! However, I cheated with the decorations a bit. Here is the original recipe from bettycrocker.com
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) betty crocker supermoist yellow cake mix or 1 (18 1/4 ounce) betty crocker supermoist white cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) containerbetty crocker whipped fluffy ready-to-spread white frosting
- 1 large red gumdrop
- red and black shoestring licorice
- red sugar
- 1 large black gumdrop
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Generously grease bottom only of 1-1/2 round casserole or heatproof bowl and bottom of loaf pan, 8-1/2" x 4-1/2" x 2-1/2".
- Beat cake mix, water, oil and eggs in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds; beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl constantly.
- Pour half the batter into casserole; pour remaining batter into loaf pan.
- Bake about 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Run knife around side of casserole and loaf pan to loosen cakes; remove from casserole and pan to wire rack.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Wrap and freeze loaf cake for another use.
- Place cake, rounded side up, on serving plate.
- Frost cake with frosting.
- Make face on side of cake, ussing cookies for eyes, red gumdrop slice for nose, red shoestring licorice for mouth and black shoestring licorice for eyebrows and antennae.
- Sprinkle red sugar over cake to within 2 inches from curved side of face.
- Place black gumdrop slices on cake for spots.
- Serve when ready.