Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Cherry tomato quarters form the wings of these adorable little ladybugs. The delightful creatures are perched on crunchy crackers spread with a seasoned cream cheese mixture.
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon snipped chives
- 1⁄8 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- black paste food coloring
- 36 butter flavored crackers
- 18 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 18 large pitted ripe olives
- 72 fresh chives, pieces (about 1-1/2 inches long)
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add sour cream, chives, parsley and garlic salt; mix well.
- Place 1 tablespoon in a small plastic bag and tint black; set aside.
- Spread remaining cream cheese mixture on crackers.
- Arrange two tomato quarters on each for the ladybug wings.
- For heads, halve the olives widthwise; place one half on each cracker.
- Insert two chives into olives for antennae.
- Use tinted cream cheese mixture to pipe spots onto wings.
I have no idea how these taste because I am lactose intolerant but I am giving them 5 stars for cuteness! I made these for a baby shower where I happened to know the baby's nursery theme was ladybugs and they were a huge hit with the expecting parents!
I don't like tomatoes, so I made this to bring to a New Year's party. They were a big hit! Thanks for the great recipe. I had a problem finding black food coloring so we made them without the "spots" and they still looked as cute as can be.
These are AWESOME. Have made many, many times. Always a hit with a crowd and never any left over. Don't assemble too far in advance, the crackers will become soggy.