Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
A delicious treat that goes well at dinner parties. Adapted from a Seattle Times newspaper food section.
- Combine mustard, marmalade, jalapeno, lime juice and oil.
- If mixture isn't hot enough to your taste add a little cayenne pepper.
- Wash chicken and pat dry.
- Cut a pocket in the side of each breast and spoon in a little of the mustard sauce.
- Baste the tops of the chicken with the sauce.
- Place chicken on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Bake in a preheated pan for 40 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Baste once during the cooking time with the sauce.
This was a recipe I've had marked to try for over a month. Last night it was finally time to make it & I am so happy we did. The orange marmalade was the perfect compliment to the jalapenos. Everyone in the family was able to eat this dish. I just had sliced jalapenos in the jar, as that's what I keep on hand, and I used boneless, skinless breasts, so I changed the cooking method slightly. I coated both sides of the chicken breasts with the sauce (as thick as I could get it to stay on), then put them in the baking dish & covered tightly with foil. I baked for 15 minutes then removed the foil & baked for about another 6 minutes, til they were done. The final result was very tender & moist. Thanks for sharing, A.M.!
YIKES. For some reason I thought my friend gifted me with orange marmalade but it was peach. In any case, I followed the recipe as written (using peach marmalade & a serrano chili). I used 3 boneless chicken breasts and had just enough sauce to coat. I would suggest making more. Also followed *Tinkerbell* cooking method. Although the flavors are delicate, It was not as flavorful as I had hoped. I served with rice and roasted acorn squash.
We Loved This chicken!!!! Great moist chicken with excellent bold flavor. I did make a few changes. I did not have jalepeno's so I used red pepper flakes. I used boneless skinless chicken breasts and put the sauce over top. The only change I would make would be to double the amount of sauce other then that great recipe I will definitely make again.