Recipe by Yia Yia
Crispy and flaky on the outside, savory and a little sweet on the inside. Even though I titled this Lady Lunch, my husband loved this! Very quick and simple.
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely minced (1/2 t dried)
- 8 ounces chicken breasts, cooked (poached or roasted)
- 8 sheets phyllo dough
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Move rack to lower 1/3 of oven.
- Melt 4 T butter in a saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add red onions, stir and soften, 2-3 minutes.
- Add brown sugar, maple syrup and raisins, stirring to combine and melt the sugar, about 4 minutes.
- Add Dijon mustard; stir.
- Reduce heat and let cook for 2-3 minutes.
- In the meantime, slice chicken breasts horizontally very thin, almost shave-like.
- Melt remaining butter in the microwave.
- Have the phyllo dough ready to go, under a damp towel to keep from crumbling.
- Lay out a sheet of phyllo, brush with melted butter. Repeat with 3 more layers of phyllo.
- Re-cover remaining phyllo with damp towel.
- Leaving a 2-inch border at the short end, place 1/2 chicken slices/shavings on top of the butter along the short end of the phyllo, leaving a scant 1 inch free along the sides (long sides).
- Spoon 1/2 prepared brown sugar-mustard sauce over the top of the chicken.
- Fold the 2-inch border over the chicken/sauce, folding the sides inward also, so that as you roll the entire package will be sealed.
- Roll up.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and brush with melted butter.
- Repeat once more with the remaining 4 sheets of phyllo, 1/2 chicken and sauce.
- Place in pre-heated oven. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes.
- Serves 4 ladies or 2 hungry guys. Add a crispy salad on the side.