1/1 Photo of Lady Fingers
Lisa Pizza's Note:
These are SO much better than store bought, and very simple to throw together. They make a delightful cheesecake 'crust'.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Line two baking sheets with parchment or wax paper.
- 3Beat the yolks and 1/2 cup sugar on high for 5 minutes until ribbons fall from beater.
- 4Lower speed and beat in vanilla and water.
- 5Increase speed and beat for 30 seconds to thicken.
- 6Sift the flour over this and set aside, without mixing.
- 7In another bowl, beat egg whites until foamy, then add cream of tartar.
- 8Beat until soft peaks form.
- 9Gradually beat in remaining 1/4 cup sugar.
- 10Continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- 11Add 1/3 of the whites to the yolk bowl and fold until all the flour is incorporated.
- 12Gently fold in remaining whites.
- 13Working quickly to avoid deflation, scoop 4 cups into a large pastry bag with a 3/4 tip.
- 14Pipe 3 inch by 1 1/2 inch'fingers' 1/4 inch apart.
- 15They will attach during baking.
- 16Be sure and let the batter fall from the tip, rather than pressing onto the sheet.
- 17If you are making a bottom for a cheesecake, pipe a spiral, ending at about 10 inches in diameter.
- 18Sift the powdered sugar over- the batter will absorb some.
- 19Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until springy to the touch.
- 20Remove to racks and cool slightly.
- 21Remove from parchment with long spatula while still warm.
- 22Or invert disc onto towel-covered rack and reinvert back to plain rack.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lady Fingers
Serving Size: 1 (803 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 119.3
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 66.7 mg
- Sodium 22.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 14.3 g
- Protein 2.8 g