Taken from Wonderful Ways to Prepare Italian Food.
Make and share this Lady Fingers recipe from Food.com.
- Beat egg yolks until thick and light-yellow colored.
- Beat in almond extract.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Continue beating adding salt and sugar, until whites are glossy and very stiff.
- Fold egg yolks into egg whites.
- Fold in sifted flour and baking powder.
- Drop batter by the tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet forming fingers about 1x3in.
- Bake in a 350F oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from tray immediately and cool.
This recipe turned out perfectly. I could not find Lady Fingers at my supermarket and was very pleased to find this recipe. I followed the recipe exactly as written. I used the them in the Tiramisu Recipe. #84612. This dessert turned out fantastic. The lady fingers were soft and spongy and soaked in the yummy coffee liquid while still holding their shape. It's a keeper! Thanks Sam
I used this recipe to make the Lady Fingers for my Chocolate/Cherry Trifle dessert tonight. I probably could have whipped my egg whites a bit stiffer, but after reading one review was a bit fearful of doing that, next time I will definately whip them a bit stiffer. I have got to thank you for this lovely, and tasty recipe, that is so very very handy. I have to tell you how hard it is to find these in the store most times and this recipe is now going to be a regular around here. The Kitchen Store in town sells the forms for Lady Fingers and I think it is well worth going to pick that up now. Thank you so very much for this great recipe. Made for Please Review My Recipe Event.
I am always wanting to make various desserts that call for Lady Fingers and can never seem to find them commercially. Now I can make my own! These were very easy and quick to make. Turned out light and flavorful. I made a change in flavor by adding lemon extract instead of almond, to go with a dessert I am going to use them in. I did make mine a little wider than store-bought kind, but will work great for the dessert.