Recipe by Sam #3
Taken from Wonderful Ways to Prepare Italian Food.
Top Review by Chef Lorraineeee
This recipe turned out perfectly. I could not find Lady Fingers at my supermarket and was very pleased to find this recipe. I followed the recipe exactly as written. I used the them in the Tiramisu Recipe. #84612. This dessert turned out fantastic. The lady fingers were soft and spongy and soaked in the yummy coffee liquid while still holding their shape. It's a keeper! Thanks Sam
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sifted cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat egg yolks until thick and light-yellow colored.
- Beat in almond extract.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Continue beating adding salt and sugar, until whites are glossy and very stiff.
- Fold egg yolks into egg whites.
- Fold in sifted flour and baking powder.
- Drop batter by the tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet forming fingers about 1x3in.
- Bake in a 350F oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from tray immediately and cool.