A must Try! This spinach dish is SO good! Got it out of the Houston Chronicle food section, tried it, and my family fell in love with it. My 3 yr. old grandson ate 3 helpings. Best of all it's really easy to make.
- 3 lbs fresh spinach (I use the frozen) or 2 (10 ounce) boxes frozen chopped spinach (I use the frozen)
- 6 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 6 tablespoons minced onions (heaping)
- 6 tablespoons light cream or 6 tablespoons half-and-half
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted, divided (can use low fat or fat free substitute)
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cracker crumb
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- If using fresh spinach, wash spinach and drain. Cook damp spinach in a hot skillet until wilted; chop coarsely.
- Combine spinach with cheese, onion, cream and 4 tablespoons of the butter. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place mixture in a shallow, buttered 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
- Mix cracker crumbs with remaining 2 tablespoons melted butter and sprinkle over spinach mixture.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until golden and lightly crusted.