1/3 Photos of Lady Bird Johnson's Spinach Casserole
Chef #SLDenton's Note:
A must Try! This spinach dish is SO good! Got it out of the Houston Chronicle food section, tried it, and my family fell in love with it. My 3 yr. old grandson ate 3 helpings. Best of all it's really easy to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs fresh spinach (I use the frozen) or 2 (10 ounce) boxes frozen chopped spinach (I use the frozen)
- 6 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 6 tablespoons minced onions (heaping)
- 6 tablespoons light cream or 6 tablespoons half-and-half
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted, divided (can use low fat or fat free substitute)
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup cracker crumb
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2If using fresh spinach, wash spinach and drain. Cook damp spinach in a hot skillet until wilted; chop coarsely.
- 3Combine spinach with cheese, onion, cream and 4 tablespoons of the butter. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Place mixture in a shallow, buttered 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
- 5Mix cracker crumbs with remaining 2 tablespoons melted butter and sprinkle over spinach mixture.
- 6Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until golden and lightly crusted.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lady Bird Johnson's Spinach Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (281 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 294.9
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 53.8 mg
- Sodium 416.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 11.9 g