Recipe by Prayztwice
I don't know the origins of this dish; I just know that we all LOVE it. Mom always made this for special family dinners when I'd come home to visit in the summer, and my sister and I would fight over the leftovers! Now that I've moved back to my home town, Mom has shared the recipe. My sister and I no longer fight over the leftovers....my kids and I do!
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 teaspoons celery salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 4 chopped garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 chicken breast halves
- 1 3⁄4 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Add chicken breasts and coat well with the mixture.
- Marinate overnight, or at least 6 hours. The longer it's marinated, the better it tastes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a 15x10-inch jellyroll pan with foil.
- Melt butter and add to foil-lined pan.
- Gently shake off excess marinade from each chicken breast and coat with bread crumbs. Yes, it's messy!
- Place in prepped pan and bake 1 hour or until chicken is lightly golden brown.
- * Prep time does not include marinating time*.