Member #610488's Note:
Recipe from the mystery "Recipe For Treason" by Andrea Penrose. This book is a mouthwatering combination of suspense and chocolate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- 2Grease a large cookie sheet.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add the butter to the mix and, using either a pastry cutter or two knives, cut the butter until you see course crumbs occurring.
- 4In a small mixing bowl, beat the eggs and milk together with a whisk or fork until thoroughly combined then slowly add to the dry ingredients, lightly stirring as you do so. Add 1/2 cup of the mini chocolate chips and the orange peel to the batter and stir until just combined. Don't overstir it too much.
- 5Using lightly floured hands, shape the dough into an 8 inch round and place on the greased cookie sheet. Dust lightly with flour. Using a sharp knife, score the round into 8 wedges.
- 6Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 7Transfer to cutting board. In one microwaveable container, melt the remaining mini chocolate chips and in another, melt the white chocolate chips, stirring after every 20 seconds of cooking time.
- 8Using spoons, drizzle the melted chocolate over the top of the scones. Wait 15 minutes for the chocolate to set and then, using a sharp knife, cut the scones into wedges along the score lines made earlier.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lady Arianna's Double Chocolate Scones
Serving Size: 1 (1009 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 441.4
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 103.5 mg
- Sodium 397.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 18.4 g
- Protein 8.8 g