1 hr 10 mins
Member #610488's Note:
Recipe from the mystery "Recipe For Treason" by Andrea Penrose. This book is a mouthwatering combination of suspense and chocolate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups dark brown sugar, finely packed
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup almonds, sliced
- 1Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- 2In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and salt to blend.
- 3In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until blended (about 2 minutes). Add the almond extract and the espresso powder and continue beating for 1 more minute.
- 4Stir in the flour mixture in 3 stages, mixing until each stage has been absorbed. Add in the chocolate chips and sliced almonds (dough will be fairly thick).
- 5Turn the dough out onto an ungreased rimmed baking sheet. Press the dough into a 12 inch square. Using a fork, pierce the dough at 1 inch intervals.
- 6Bake until the edges are lightly browned and beginning to crisp, about 45-50 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet for 1 minute then cut into 48 squares. Immediately transfer the bars to a wire rack to finish cooling. They will crisp as they cool.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lady Arianna's Coffee Crunch Bars
Serving Size: 1 (1029 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 104.6
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 11.4 mg
- Sodium 23.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 1.0 g