1 hr 10 mins
Member #610488's Note:
Recipe from the mystery "Recipe For Treason" by Andrea Penrose. This book is a mouthwatering combination of suspense and chocolate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups dark brown sugar, finely packed
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup almonds, sliced
- 1Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- 2In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and salt to blend.
- 3In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until blended (about 2 minutes). Add the almond extract and the espresso powder and continue beating for 1 more minute.
- 4Stir in the flour mixture in 3 stages, mixing until each stage has been absorbed. Add in the chocolate chips and sliced almonds (dough will be fairly thick).
- 5Turn the dough out onto an ungreased rimmed baking sheet. Press the dough into a 12 inch square. Using a fork, pierce the dough at 1 inch intervals.
- 6Bake until the edges are lightly browned and beginning to crisp, about 45-50 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet for 1 minute then cut into 48 squares. Immediately transfer the bars to a wire rack to finish cooling. They will crisp as they cool.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lady Arianna's Coffee Crunch Bars
Serving Size: 1 (1029 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 104.6
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 11.4 mg
- Sodium 23.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 1.0 g