Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 6 cups vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 6 pork chops
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
House Seasoning (use 2 teaspoons divided)
- 1 cup salt
- 1⁄4 cup black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup garlic powder
- Heat oil in a large, heavy bottomed pot to 350 degrees F.
- Sprinkle the seasonings on both sides of the pork chops, rubbing them thoroughly into the meat. Pour buttermilk over meat and turn to coat on all sides. Season flour generously with House Seasoning, roll each chop into flour, and shake off the excess.
- Carefully place the chops, 2 at a time, into the hot oil, and cook until the outside is golden brown. Take 1 chop out and make a small cut at the thickest part to check for doneness; adjust time accordingly for the rest.
- Drain on paper towels before serving.
- House Seasoning:. 1 cup salt, 1/4 cup black pepper, 1/4 cup garlic powder.
- Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
Fantastically flavorful and very juicy with crispy coating. Yum!
Very tasty and juicy! Not exactly what I would call low-fat, but the house seasoning is great. I have mine stored in a glass jar for future use. Very flavorful. Two Thumbs up!
Delicious southern fried pork chops! Wonderful flavor from the seasonings. I used my cast iron skillet to fry these in as I have seen Paula do on one of her shows. She is my very favorite cook. Love to watch her on the food network channel. Thanks for sharing one of her recipes!