1/1 Photo of Lady and Sons Fried Pork Chops - Paula Deen
Marsha Hamner's Note:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 6 pork chops
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
House Seasoning (use 2 teaspoons divided)
- 1Heat oil in a large, heavy bottomed pot to 350 degrees F.
- 2Sprinkle the seasonings on both sides of the pork chops, rubbing them thoroughly into the meat. Pour buttermilk over meat and turn to coat on all sides. Season flour generously with House Seasoning, roll each chop into flour, and shake off the excess.
- 3Carefully place the chops, 2 at a time, into the hot oil, and cook until the outside is golden brown. Take 1 chop out and make a small cut at the thickest part to check for doneness; adjust time accordingly for the rest.
- 4Drain on paper towels before serving.
- 5House Seasoning:. 1 cup salt, 1/4 cup black pepper, 1/4 cup garlic powder.
- 6Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lady and Sons Fried Pork Chops - Paula Deen
Serving Size: 1 (538 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2390.5
- Calories from Fat 2130
- Total Fat 236.7 g
- Saturated Fat 34.5 g
- Cholesterol 138.9 mg
- Sodium 19019.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 46.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: