These are tasty little croquettes - Turkish in origin. The recipe originally called for beyaz peynir which is a Turkish cheese so if you can find it in your area use this instead of the feta cheese. The croquettes can be shallow fried or for a healthier option baked in the oven. I have freezed them and reheated, they taste fine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the meat, cooked rice, onion and cheese. Put this mixture through a meat grinder with a fine screen.
- 2Add herbs, and seasoning and 1 of the eggs. Knead lightly to form a smooth paste.
- 3Shape 1 heaped tablespoon of mixture and form into an egg shape. Beat 2nd egg and poor over the croquettes.
- 4If baking heat oven to 180C if baking the croquettes. Roll them into the flour and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- 5Alternatively shallow fry the croquettes, rolling in flour just before popping into the fry pan.
- 6Serve hot with salad or vegetables and some warm flat bread.
Nutritional Facts for Ladies' Thighs (Kadin Budu)
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 497.0
- Calories from Fat 304
- Total Fat 33.7 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 172.8 mg
- Sodium 432.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 26.6 g