Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a delicious casserole to take to family gatherings or potlucks!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground lean pork
- 2 onions, minced
- 2 (20 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 lb chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 lb wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1⁄4 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup crushed corn flakes
- Brown meat and onions in 2 TBS butter til golden brown.
- Drain well.
- Add soup, cream cheese, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, seasonings and simmer 5 to 10 minutes until cheese is melted in and mixture is smooth and thick.
- Place the noodles in a large greased casserole.
- Pour meat mixture over top of noodles.
- Brown mushrooms in 1 TBS butter.
- Sprinkle of top of meat mixture.
- Sprinkle with cornflake crumbs.
- Bake at 350*F for 1/2 hour.
- 5 to 10 minutes before done, sprinkle almonds on top to toast.