Recipe by mollypaul
A simple way to serve cabbage without a strong cabbage-y taste. From the Mississippi Valley chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 1 medium head of cabbage
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and quarter cabbage; cover with boiling water and cook for 15 minutes.
- Drain; cover with fresh boiling water and continue cooking until cabbage is tender.
- Drain and set aside until cold.
- Chop finely and add egg, butter, cream and seasonings to taste.
- Bake in a well buttered baking dish at 325F about 30 minutes.