1/1 Photo of Lacy Wafers
Sisty Gin's Note:
These super yummy cookies are a tradition in my family. My mom made them for years, and now it's my turn. They are VERY EASY to make.
My Private Note
dozen c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine syrup, shortening, and sugar in a saucepan.
- 2Stir constantly over moderate heat until mixture just starts to boil.
- 3Remove from heat and stir in four and nuts.
- 4Drop mixture by teaspoons onto greased cookie sheets.
- 5Bake only four to six cookies at a time.
- 6Allow two inches between cookies as they spread during baking.
- 7Bake at 375 F until edges of cookies are lightly browned (approximately 5 minutes).
- 8Remove from oven and cool 30 seconds.
- 9While cookie is still hot, roll up in a cigar shape.
- 10If cookies become too hard to roll, place them back in oven until soft.
- 11When cookies are completely cool, dip ends into melted chocolate and then sprinkles.
- 12Let stand until cool.
- 13Store in airtight container with a lid.
- 14They keep for several weeks.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lacy Wafers
Serving Size: 1 (645 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 788.3
- Calories from Fat 444
- Total Fat 49.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 39.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 39.0 g
- Protein 6.6 g