1/3 Photos of Lacy Potato Kugel
1 hr 30 mins
I have been eating potato kugel all my life - take it from me, this one is the absolute best. It's from the "Kosher Palette Cookbook" it is crispy on the outside and creamy and, well, 'lacy' on the inside. It freezes very well so I usually double the recipe. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- 2Saute diced onion until nicely caramelized and golden.
- 3While onion is caramelizing, grate potatoes using the fine (smallest holes) disc in the food processor.
- 4Squeeze out liquid and place in a large mixing bowl.
- 5Process onions (don't change the blade) and pour the onion pulp and juices into the bowl with the potatoes.
- 6Stir in eggs, 5 tbsp. oil, salt, pepper and caramelized onions.
- 7Sprinkle starch on top.
- 8Pour boiling water over starch and stir thoroughly.
- 9Pour 1/4 cup of oil into a 9x13 baking pan and heat in oven for about a minute. Do not allow oil to burn.
- 10Carefully pour mixture into pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- 11After 20 minutes, reduce heat to 400 degrees and bake for 40 minutes or until the top is a deep golden brown.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lacy Potato Kugel
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 278.0
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 62.0 mg
- Sodium 425.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 6.3 g