Recipe by J. Ko
A nice savoury cookie that goes well with almost any kind of soup; especially with a tomato based soup or with an autumn vegetable soup. Use fresh parmesan; do not use pre-grated parmesan in a can! If you do not like cumin, you can substitute dried thyme or rosemary.
Top Review by Soup Lady
I can't stop eating these! I put a couple of them in my tomato soup for lunch, but I keep going back and eating them on their own, they are even better that way! These are so good! Made for PAC Fall 2008
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Gently combine all the ingredients.
- Cover a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper.
- Place a level tablespoon of the mixture into the baking sheet. Pat down to make a 3-inch disc. Repeat with the remaining mixture making sure to space the discs at least 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 5 to 8 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbling, melted, and the crisps are golden brown in colour.
- If the crisps are under-baked, the texture is chewy. If the crisps are over-baked, the cheese will taste bitter, so be sure to watch them closely.