Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
This cookie comes out crisp and is great served with ice cream or sherbet, or just on its own.
Make and share this Lacy Oatmeal Crisps recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 corn syrup
- 1 cup quick oats
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- Melt butter, brown sugar and corn syrup together in medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- Add oats and flour, stirring until smooth.
- Line baking shets with parchment paper or greased aluminum foil.
- Drop mixture by 1 tsp, leaving room for spreading.
- (They DO spread a lot!).
- Bake at 375 for 5- 8 minutes, or until golden.
- Cool until set before removing from tray.
- Store in covered container in cool place for several weeks.
- (If they last that long).
These are super easy to make! First batch everyone liked and then on the second batch I added just a few fresh swipes of nutmeg, a dash of vanilla and maybe 1/4 c. fine ground pecans (almost a puree) to give them more of a noticeable flavor. I found it easier to let the batch cool a bit then form into balls to make a more accurate size and shaped cookie. Also on a oops note if you don't cook these long enough let them cool a bit and then make them into cannoli, they are a wonderful twist.
I was searching for recepies by a funmodus, the date of my uppcoming wedding, 17th of may 2008. I love these cookies! Thank you so much!