Recipe by anme
A simple and crisp oatmeal cookie
Top Review by cherylzyx
I followed the directions exactly and they turned out good. They DO spread out A LOT so take that into consideration. I needed to let mine cook over 15 minutes before the edges browned. I used sprayed foil on my cookie sheets and they came right off without sticking. Alteration: I put a thumb print in half of mine and filled it with strawberry jam - those tasted very good.
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 3 cups oatmeal (uncooked)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together butter, sugar, vanilla and salt.
- Fold in the oatmeal, one cup at a time until combinded.
- Drop in ice cream scoop sized sized balls onto a very lighty greased baking sheet spaced pretty far about because these spread flat when baked.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until lightly browned then let cool for a few minutes on baking sheets then remove.