Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Crispy on the edges, chewy and buttery in the middle. A delicate yet rich delicious cookie.
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 345 degrees F. Cover baking sheet with foil then coat with non-stick vegetable spray.
- In a medium bowl combine oats, flour, salt, and baking powder. Mix well with a wire wisk and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine sugar and butter with an electric mixer at medium peed. It should form a grainy paste. Add egg and vanilla and beat until smooth. Add flour mixture until blended.
- Drop dough by TEASPOONS onto baking sheet 2 1/2 inches apart. Bake for 12 - 14 minutes until edges turn golden brown.
- Let cool before trying to remove from foil.
- Be sure to re-spray the foil for every batch baked.
- If you remove the cookies too soon they will stick and crumble!