Recipe by staceycrane
I got this recipe off of Allrecipes.com. I had been looking for a great lacy oatmeal cookie and this is it! It is very important to use parchment paper to line the cookie sheets or you will never get them off without ruining them.
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Cover baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, flour, salt and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and butter until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Mix in the flour and oat mixture until just combined.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto the parchment covered cookie sheets, 2 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake at 325 degrees % for 10-12 minutes, or until edges turn golden.
- Cool and remove from cookie sheet.